Meet us at the saddling corral at Helmcken Falls Lodge 15-30 minutes ahead of time. 2 Hour Rides are going out at 10 am and the first booking can choose between a 2 hrs and a 3 hrs ride at 2:30 pm. We will match you up with your horse partner and you will have some time to get acquainted. We will hold an introductory lesson in western riding, horse control and trail safety. Our guided trips will take you into Wells Gray Park and will include short talks on natural and volcanic history, local pioneer history, plants and wildlife. The ride will take us through beautiful scenery and different natural sites. We offer a family discount for 4 and more family members (with children up to 18 of age) Use code: FAMILYPROMO if you are booking for a family!
BOOK NOW Please note:
- A liability waiver has to be signed before every ride
- For every ride from 3 hours on we will provide our guests with light snacks and water bottles on every horse. There will also be room to carry a small camera!
- We are happy to take children from 10 years on. The child has to be tall enough to fit the stirrups of the saddle.
- Riding helmets are provided
- Weight restrictions: as we only have a limited number of larger horses, we have strict weight restrictions: 230 lbs or 105 kg is our upper weight limit. Please do not book in if you are heavier. if you book in and you are too heavy you cannot ride but you have to pay as you have taken a free spot. For the sake of the horses, thank you!
- Please wear solid footwear preferably with smooth soles and a heel.
- All rides are cancelled during thunder and lightning storms. If the rides are already in progress, the ride stops in a safe place to wait out the electric part of the storm.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellation 7 days prior – no charge; cancellation between 7 days and 24 hrs prior – 50 % charge; cancellation 24 hrs prior to ride – full charge.. For overnight trips the cancellation policy is following: cancellation 30 days prior to trip – no charge; cancellation 30 – 7 days prior to trip – 50 % charge; cancellation 7 days prior and less – 100 % charge.